Since 2011, we have been actively engaged with Milwaukee County Parks to make improvements in Doctors Park to preserve Dr. Schneider’s gift to all of us.

“The above described premises are sold and conveyed upon the express condition that the same shall be used forever solely and exclusively as a public park, amusement and recreation grounds and shall bear the name, to wit, Doctor’s Park.”
— Deed of transfer of Doctors Park to Milwaukee County Parks, 1937.

What We've Achieved

  • Restoring and improving the trails, stairways, railings and picnic areas

  • New way-finding signage, picnic tables and park benches

  • Tree planting and native plant protection and restoration

  • Dog refuse bags and disposal containers

  • Park and Beach clean-up and weed-out days 3-4 times per year

  • Planted mixed species of trees in an underused picnic area top of the service drive to support birds and wildlife

  • Initiated discussion and supported Milwaukee County Parks’ decision to replace the restroom pavilion

  • Remove exterior shower walls around the Beach House and maintain the structure until it can be renovated.